The Wanneroo Basketball Association wishes to update our members on the current COVID situation relating to basketball after the most recent update by the Premier.
We understand this has been a confusing and anxious time for our members. We have dealt with conflicting advice, insufficient information and rapidly changing guidelines. We thank you all for your patience and understanding.
As COVID-19 case numbers inevitably increase the Department of Health’s focus will be on contract tracing high-risk settings, e.g. Residential Aged Care Facilities, remote Aboriginal communities, etc.
- It is highly unlikely you would be considered a close contact within a sporting game.
- IF YOU ARE UNWELL, PLEASE STAY HOME
- If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 get tested
- If you test positive to a RAT test you MUST report this to the Department of Health
- If you test positive and are comfortable with doing so, advise the Association/Competition you played/trained in within the previous 48 hours, which will assist us to keep our broader community informed.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged wear a mask at all times indoors unless they are actively playing/training, refereeing or coaching on court.
For more information please visit – www.healthywa.wa.gov.au
* The above information may change at any time pending further venue or State Government announcements or restrictions.
We will continue to provide information as it comes to hand, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.