Position title: Head Coach – NBL1 Women
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
OtherReports: WBA Board
Overall Position Objective
Lead the Joondalup Wolves NBL1 Women’s programin line with the association’s strategic priorities and goals. Provide leadership and ultimately be responsible for the on-court performance and success of the elite women’s NBL1 team.
- Coach in the NBL1 preseason and official season, as a senior leader of the Wolves Women’s team.
- Attend all NBL1 training sessions and games and lead the preparation of the team and game strategies.
- Promote a supportive, high performance Wolfpack Basketball environment.
- Engage with sponsors, media, local basketball community and other key stakeholders to foster a positive image of the Wolves.
- Development and execution of the training plan (pre-season and in-season) for the team and individuals.
- Abide by the policies and decisions of the WBA concerning team arrangements as conveyed to you by the CEO.
- Understand and meet the programs financial budgets.
- Promote, foster and advance the WBA profile and promote basketball exclusively within the Wolves region.
- Work with the CEO and appointed club List Management Group to identify and recruit players.
- Work with D-League and WABL coaches to provide a pathway from juniors to seniors.
- Recruit and manage all team staff and personnel including assistant coaches and managers.
- Monitor the performance of the senior women’s program of the WBA.
- Review the on-court performance annually and provide a written report to the CEO
- Conduct mid and post season player reviews in conjunction with CEO.
- Adhere to all WBA, BWA and NBL1 policies.
- Elicit and nurture a positive relationship between all members of the NBL1 squad/support staff and the wider reach of the WBA
Click here for the full job description
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday the 10th of October
The WBA is always looking for various staff, from volunteers to student work placements as well as full time, part time and casual staff. Please check back to this page to find current positions as they become available.
For general career information please email email@example.com